Beginner SEO Guide for "Smarties."
If you are thinking about SEO, then you are no "dummy"! You are actually SMART.
"WHAT IS SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION?"
SEO can be described as the process of "optimizing" a website, so that people can easily find it via search engines like Google.
One process is by the use of "CONTENT". (any information on the internet)
CONTENT such as:
WEBSITE KEYWORDS- Placing important keywords on your site make it possible for people to find your site via search engines.
• Keywords in the Title of Your Page ( "Logo Design")
• Using keywords in your URL (domain) and SLUG (after the domain page name.)
( For example: www.sarahbrycedesigns.com/logos)
• Using keywords in your text content on each web page.
• Using keywords in meta tag descriptions. ( Or Your pages description that you see in searches under the link) EXAMPLE:
• Using keywords in all your image file names and "alt text" ( the names of your photo files)
• Keywords in anchor texts that creates any backlink in your site. ( for example the word LOGO links to the logo webpage.)
VIDEOS- Google owns YouTube and displays videos in relevant search results! Having a YouTube channel and videos can give your business additional promotion and credibility when customers preview your business services and it brings up rich results. Even a simple cell phone video or a slide show video can help! YouTube video content shows up immediately in searches for your business.
SITE CONTENT- The more content rich your site is, with more pages, the more SEO is alive on the internet for your business to be discovered! Continue to add content, and pages to your site.
CONTENT PROMOTION- Any content you create, such as a blog , and new web page, video, or an email marketing campaign, can be shared to all your social networks to create traffic to your site.
BLOG POSTS- Blogs are an engaging way to attract visitors to click links and visit your site. Share links to your blogs on your Facebook page to direct traffic to your site.
LOCAL BUSINESS DIRECTORIES-
Make sure to take advantage of LOCAL SEO search results by listing your business in Google My Business, Yelp, and others.
These are some of the ways SEO is achieved! Don't forget to analyze your results to see what's working and which of these ways to pay more attention to. Using Google Analytics, Google Console and Facebook Insights can give an idea of what is working. As well as asking your customers where they found you.