Your fonts have feelings!
The Psychology behind Type choices.
What is FONT PSYCHOLOGY?
“Font psychology is the study of how different fonts impact thoughts, feelings, and behaviors.”
The STYLE, SIZE, and CHARACTER of a FONT produces a desired effect in the viewer.
Disclaimer: No, fonts don’t *really have feelings.
• SERIF fonts (small line or stroke regularly attached to the end of a larger stroke) portray tradition and are timeless.
• SAN SERIF fonts (not have extending features called "serifs" at the end of strokes) are modern, humanist and neutral.
• SLAB SERIF fonts (thick, block-like serifs) are bold and contemporary
• SCRIPT FONTS (fluid stroke created by handwriting) are mainly elegant, classic, and formal.
But some script variations can also be playful and casual.
• If your content requires some SERIOUSNESS, you should choose fonts that are simple, plain and professional.
• The weight, texture, and shape of a font combined effects how we perceive the text, and play a large part in story-telling.
Similar to your branding colors, FONT choice can be equally important. Trust your designer with choosing your fonts, but also be familiar with the reasoning behind the font selections you are being presented.
Font choice, much like color choice, is an important part of design and can completely change the TONE of a piece.
Q. SO, WHAT MOOD IS YOUR FONT IN?
* Fonts influence, so it's important to consider our choices.*
• San serif often used on "CALL TO ACTION" text . URGENCY & ATTENTION
• 20% of blogs use Georgia (Serif) for header text. EASY TO READ
• Helvetica font is used on United States IRS forms. FORMAL & SERIOUS
Sarah Bryce is a woman-owned, contracting business in the Bethany Beach, Delaware area. Sarah specializes in design & marketing work through digital and print. www.sarahbrycedesigns.com
See also: My Google Reviews